Full-Time Permanent, Non-Exempt Position
The Senior Industrial Hygienist/CAC – Project Manager position is responsible for the effective management of indoor air quality, asbestos, lead, and mold assessment activities of the firm. This employee performs duties under the supervision of the Operations Manager. In addition, this employee oversees consulting projects for clients in the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) area. This employee will also work with clients on project definition, task identification, budget and schedule, overseeing teamwork, and ensuring project objectives are met. The qualified individual will love the opportunity to expand their experience and training into other areas of Health and Safety compliance to provide additional environmental consulting related support.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and evaluating site and plans, performing technical review and providing technical advice
- Preparing routine written project analysis including researching, analyzing findings and making recommendations
- Communicating with clients, contractors, engineers, and the public regarding conformance to standards, plans, specifications and regulatory codes; explains codes, requirements and procedures
- Report preparation for NESHAP, AHERA, mold and other related areas
- Conducting field asbestos, lead, mold and other IAQ related sampling and inspections
- Conducts job walks and assisting with project estimating
- Conduct field health & safety inspections, chemical surveys and hazardous material inventories
Time management skills, computer skills, excellent business presentation and etiquette, strong analytical and research capabilities.
- Flexibility with work demands and deadlines that may require extended office or field working timelines, and willingness to travel outside of the Bay Area as needed for project work. Occasional work on weekends and/or holidays may be required.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand and/or walk 8 + hours each day
- Produce reporting that is accurate and shows a high degree of attention to details
- Excellent written (report writing) and verbal communication skills
- Software such as Excel, Word, AUTOCAD
- Valid California class C driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Working knowledge of Cal/OSHA and EPA Standards, the California Health and Safety Code, California Building Code, and other relevant regulatory standards
- Obtain medical clearance to wear tight-fitting respirators for field work
- B.S. degree in Environmental Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate and annual updates a plus
- Certification as a Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) is required
- Certification by CDPH for lead-related construction activities is required (LI/A, LPM, etc.)
- Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is a plus